Amplifyn is a specialized software product engineering team in Colombo, Sri Lanka. We strive to become the best platform for reaching the full potential of our people, which makes us a specialized product engineering team. You will work with software product engineering teams in the European region, to identify opportunities and push boundaries with superior UX. If you have the passion and curiosity to design software products that are redefining norms we have a perfect opportunity for you.
What we offer
- Healthy work life balance with the opportunity to work from home
- Opportunity to work with passionate people in a mission-driven company
- Gain experience in a rapidly growing field
- Exciting opportunities to grow your career as a product engineering specialist
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has keen interest in developing web applications that are both functional and usable.
What do we look for in you
- Proven work experience as a Android developer
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the Android Market
- Proficiency in Java or Kotlin, Android SDK
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and mobile libraries for networking ( Retrofit, axios, Volly)
- Experience in Firebase integrations ( authentication, push notification etc.)
- Strong knowledge of architectural patterns - MVP, MVC, MVVP
- Familiarity with Git
- Understanding mobile app design guidelines
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- Strong analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Experience in agile project management and contributing to process improvements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Minimum 4 years of related work experience in Android Developments
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code, and maintain high performance, reusable and reliable code in Java/Kotlin.
- Maintain and evolve developer guidelines to maintain consistency during development of mobile applications.
- Monitor the app's technical lifecycle during each phase of development.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and conduct effective developer tests.
- Seeks out new tools to analyze and solve problems.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Support for maintenance, updates, and new features development on existing applications.
- Maintain technical documentation, VCS for each development.
- Provide technical support for team members as required.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Setup Google Playstore account to publish apps as required and maintain updates.
- Ensure every application undergoes testing for usability, robustness, and general reliability.
- Ensure new applications meet quality standards.
- Maintaining a friendly and respectful working relationship with all team members.
- Support the team by actively reviewing and providing support to achieve the company goals that are assigned to you and the team members.
- Clearly communicate, both written and spoken, with the team and all stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to assigned company initiatives to achieve the company goals.
How to apply
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org